Monday, May 4, 2015

Day 125

May 4th Instagram #natureiscalling -
 
It's great how easy an abstract flower is to make.  Dot of paint from a tube, squish something flat on top of it, remove, and presto!  A wondrous blob with veining and character.
 

 
I found the background paper in a scrapbooking paper pack while in Calgary a week ago.  I thought it was going to be a great substrate for many wee paintings.  I was very wrong.  It didn't stand up well to being wet with paint so this will be the one and only painting with the sparkly, flowery background. 
 
I know I was complaining about not having anymore photographs to paint over, as I've done for most of the year, and the Universe must've been listening because I've come across a schwack of photography paper I can paint upon.  Woohoo!  So the next 40 or so days will be the same size (4 by 3 inches) of paintings.  While keeping to the same exact size can be a little boring, I hope to have a good mix of different techniques to keep things interesting.
 
»M


No comments:

Post a Comment