Monday, January 12, 2015

Day 12

I see the moon and the moon sees me.


I don't have a lot of people wonder how I do what I do, but there are a few. 

First things first - it's acrylic paint. 
Second things second - I try to remain unattached to any one part until it's whole.

There is a large gap between starting and knowing when a piece is done.  Sometimes, things come together quickly and boom! it's done.  Other times, there are so many layers of paint on the piece because I've painted over failed attempts at awesomeness.  And then...

And then, there's a crest of a mountain.  And a moon.  And the decision to be made.  Stop, and let it be.  Or continue and see what else is there (and mess up what is currently there). 

This time, I stopped.  Sometimes I don't.
»M

No comments:

Post a Comment