Friday, January 13, 2012

Tate

Finally I went to the Tate Modern.  I guess there are 4 Tate Museums...Tate Modern looks like something out of George Orwell's 1984, but no matter.  It was very cool.  I was also impressed at the number of students taking photos with their phones for their courses.  I missed out on an artist I wanted to see; his exhibit closed last Sunday, and I'm sad I missed it.  Gerhard Richter http://www.tate.org.uk/modern/exhibitions/gerhardrichter/default.shtm

But I did manage to see the entire rest of the place and by the time I made it to the shop I was toasted and only bought a pencil, a sharpener, and a post card.  And then I had to make the trek back to the flat, and I was famished so I stopped at Burough Market and picked up a couple things.  Then I had a well deserved nap on the couch.  And finally I downloaded the day's photos.

Tate Modern - looking up the smoke stack














warhol

lichtenstein

picasso

pollack - I was surpised

ernst

monet

kandinsky

No comments:

Post a Comment