Thursday, May 26, 2011

forgetful me

 

forgetful me
quote from Ghandi, as seen on bemorewithless.com
 
 As I am trying to do more and more on my own, I have a tendancy to get pretty frustrated and I stop enjoying the process.

Take, for instance, my painting class.  I've quite enjoyed taking Samantha daSilva's class at the Calgary School of Art.  And I've quite enjoyed playing around with canvases here in my studio.  But now comes the time to post the canvases on Etsy and get them ready for sale.

sigh

Maybe other people don't find this so hard, but with all the taking of photos and cropping the photos to the right size, and adding in the copyright declaration in the right spot, ... etc. etc. etc.  It gets to me after a while.

Now don't get me wrong!  I love working for myself and having the luxury of doing it all my own way.  I just lose sight of that from time to time.  And so I hopped on to Twitter this afternoon, and somehow or another found my way to http://www.bemorewithless.com/ and saw the lovely quote she had there.  And I knew I had to do something fun with it.  The font is LD Underwood 5, the birds are brushes 'Birds of a Feather', and the tickets and labels are from Fidget Resources.  The painting is, of course, my own - now digitally altered.

Feels good to do something creative as a break.

No comments:

Post a Comment