Monday, March 29, 2010

Osoyoos

Okay, so getting into Osoyoos BC and finding ants in our hotel room, then not being able to find an open pharmacy for my newly developed stress-canker - well, it all kinda put me off of Osoyoos. 

Then we found Wildfire Grill.  OMG.  I have been looking for years for a pasta as good as Louisiana's Cajun Chicken Pasta (used to be in Calgary's Banff Trail Econo Lodge).  The chicken was fabulous, the pasta was perfectly done and the sauce just clung to the penne, but didn't drown it.  And the Asiago Goat Cheese was a great addition.  As was the Tinhorn Creek Gwertz, which normally doesn't seem like a good paring with spicy food, but it worked well. 

We had started off sharing the bruschetta, which was great and the bread wasn't soggy at all, which is always a turn off.  Just garlicky enough and still crispy.  And to finish we had the caramel pecan pie, which wasn't too sweet either.  We shared each dish, and enjoyed it all immensly!  I/we totally recommend eating at the Wildfire Grill if you're ever in Osoyoos.  Just don't expect any night life in March.  I think everyone else is asleep while I type this!

No comments:

Post a Comment