Sunday, December 13, 2009

The Pink Door

Seattle, just north of Pike Place Market, up some little alleyway, we spotted a great patio.  But it looked like the access point was three flights of stairs down, which would imply three flights of stairs back up.  No way, Jose.  Looking down the alley, we saw people ducking into the side of a building.  No signs, no pomp, no circumstance.  Just a pink door.  Turns out, this woman-run Italian Restuarant has been in business for years all due to word-of-mouth advertising.  And I can tell you why it's been so successful - the food is great.  And unlike most of the other places we visited while in the States, the portions are human-sized (not giant-sized).  I had Linguine Pescatore and Scott had some spicey tomato based pasta dish.  He started off with a carafe of wine since I was busy with the Tarot card reader, and when I was done I joined him, although I had white and he had red.  Would love to tell you the names of the wine, but I don't remember.  We really enjoyed ourselves, after a long day of wandering around Seattle, just sitting there in the mid-September's dying light looking out at the ocean and listening to the other patrons talk about the football game.  It was a lovely start to our weeklong trek down the coast.

It was all good, and we had the pleasure of having Mr. Mustache as our waiter.  He was even a good enough sport to let me take his photo!  So if you're in Seattle and you're looking for a great place, try the Pink Door.  You will not be disappointed!  Mr. Mustache guarantees it!

No comments:

Post a Comment