Monday, November 23, 2009

yum?

This is going back a few years, but ...  I've got the photos so here we go.  We were in Arles, France and Scott wanted to see the coliseum where they do the 'nice' bull fights (not where they die).  I, being near the Med Sea, ordered prawns.  I did not know they don't actually do anything other than boil them.  Ewwwww.  I have to say, I was turned off prawns for a while after this.  I mean, there's little eyeballs and everything's left attached.  And there is not really any flavour.  I'm used to garlic or chili peppers or.. well.. something! 

The only saving grace was Scott's meal wan't really any better.  He had bull.  So apparently on of the bulls from the ring didn't make it.  Not sure what happened there.  But it was tough and gamey.  The potato and other veggies weren't any more appetizing.  And don't you love the plating of the dishes?  A triad of tomatoes and herbs surrounding each plate.  Yeah, that totally makes up for the icky food.  Totally.

We couldn't wait to get back to our baguette avec jambon, fromage, et tomat.  I may spell it wrong and say it wrong, but at least I can enjoy it.  Which is more than I can say for this meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment