Tuesday, February 10, 2009

bubble wrap

We have circled and circled till we have arrived home again, we two. - Walt WhitmanWho knew bubble wrap could look so cool? I found this quote and then literally tripped over some bubble wrap from something my sister sent up, and thought.... hmmmm. I was finishing up with the wedding invitations for the couple this painting is destined for, and so I used the blue and brown of their invitations as the basis, and then just piled on the paint, Glimmer Mist, and Mod Podge. The vellum the quote is printed on is left over vellum from making their invitations. The block (it's all adhered to a block of wood) is going to sit nestled in a tangle of the clippings from the ribbons from their wedding invitations, and then it will all be mounted inside a cream shadow box frame with a cream mat-board (or is it matte board). Anyhoo, I think it's going to be great! I'm already playing with the photograph and the scans I've done of this piece for future projects! Can you tell I'm excited!?!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment